Recently I develop iOS/Mac apps for my company, and I have to use component like UIPageControl in Mac.
But Cocoa framework doesn't supply component like it, so I create named NSPageControl.
I share the benefit from creating OSS.
Why I create OSS
- Build error occurs during App build.
- Interaction differ from my expectation.
- There is no component written with Swift.
- Component is not so huge.
Benefit from creating OSS
- Better understanding for CocoaPods, Carthage
- improve design
- Stock reusable component
- Learn how to use Travis CI
- Chance to shorten build duration
Better understanding for CocoaPods, Carthage
We have to create .podspec file, register our OSS to CocoaPods/Specs and so on to publish our library.
So we cultivated better understanding for them naturally than as a user of them.
If you change component into library, you can only access properties/methods with
So your app architecture tends to become loose coupling.
Stock reusable component
If you carve out generic code snippet from your project, you can reuse your source code more widely and efficiently.